St. Dominic Mission House

Web Site/Email


Information and Activities

As per request from Msgr. Pelegrin de la Fuente, O.P, the first prelate of Batanes, the sisters opened this mission in 1955. The sisters established the Catechetical Center in Basco. They took charge of teaching Religion in the public schools and of the catechetical instructions in the Cathedral. They also took care of a small Kindergarten school.

However, the Sisters moved out of the Prelature in 1970 but later reopened the mission in 1982. They took over the Catechetical Program of the schools in the Prelature, did other Parish work, managed a day care center and a social center.

In 1994, the Sisters started to expand their apostolate, getting more involved in the Parish work and in St. Dominic College handling catechesis.

On December 19, 1997, the Fathers completely relinquished their convent to the Sisters, thus the sisters vacated their own convent and converted it into a Pastoral Center.

  • Administration and Teaching at the Little Dominic Learning Center
    • Pre-Elem
  • Pastoral
    • Promotion of devotion to the Virgen Mary and organize the Legion of Mary
    • House Visitation and Viaticum to the sick and old people.
    • Lay Dominicans